Applications are open to students from all nationalities, fields and levels of study as long as they are registered in a higher education institution participating in one of the 44 Erasmus+ European University Alliances.
⏱️ Applications are now closed (deadline 4 December 2022, 23:59 (UTC+1)).
While filling in the form, you will be asked if you wish to apply as a participant only, as a panel coordinator only, or as both. In any case, you are required to submit only one application. Please note that students who participated in the first edition of ESA may only apply as panel coordinators.
- Before applying, please check that your higher education institution is involved in a European University Alliance.
- Students who never had the opportunity to join ESA are welcome to apply as participant and/or panel coordinator.
- Students who applied in the first edition of the ESA but were not selected are welcome to apply as participant and/or panel coordinator.
- Students who participated in the first edition of ESA may only apply as panel coordinators.
- Please note that members of the faculty are not eligible unless they are PhD candidates.
Selection process and assessment criteria
The selection will be conducted jointly by the ESA Selection Committee and the European University Alliances. The ESA Steering Committee will share the list of eligible students with EUAs’ officers, who will conduct the assessment of their own students. The ESA Selection Committee will gather the results of the rankings. At that point, slight changes may intervene in the list of selected students to ensure the highest diversity of profiles. Final results will be shared with the alliances before being communicated to the students
The selection criteria have been designed to ensure a fair, inclusive and transparent process. The criteria for the selection of participants lay the stress on the students’ interest for European politics, culture and society, on their motivation to participate in an intercultural event, to defend their opinion and have an impact on their community, as well as their level of excellence. The criteria for the selection of panel coordinators focus on the candidates’ motivation and former experiences as group leaders in similar initiatives.
The selection process has begun. The alliances will give their student’s ranking at the latest on 15 February 2023.
The results of the Panel Participants’ selection will be on 27 February 2023.
Before that, the results of the Panel Coordinators’ selection will be on 16 January 2023.