The European Universities Community
The European Universities Community (EUC) is a grassroots initiative gathering student and staff from European University Alliances.
- Voice the opinion of EUA students from different countries, backgrounds, fields and levels of study, all recruited for their engagement and motivation.
- Foster the participation of students in European University Alliances (EUA);
- Reinforce collaboration within the network of EUA;
- Increase the impact and visibility of the EUA initiative;
- Open the EUA network to other universities and society actors;
- Lay the foundations of a long-term initiative to increase the participation of youth in the European democratic process.
The EUC gouvernance includes:
- The EUC Strategic Committee whose members meet twoce a year to define the project’s orientations. It gathers 7 universities, each one represented by a student and a member of the staff, 2 representatives of European University Alliances and 2 partner institutions.
- The EUC Operational Committee whose members meet every months to coordinate the implementation of all actions. It gathers 7 member universities, each one represented by a student and a member of the staff.
- The EUC Strategic and Operational Committees are supported by a Secretariat of 3 people.
- The ESA Steering Committee is in charge of designing and implementing the European Student Assembly. It gathers 18 students and staff members from 11 HEIs and 3 countries, and is open to new members on a voluntary basis.
The first activities conducted by EUC in 2021-2022 were the following:
What you can do
As an individual – EUC is open to any student or staff member willing to get involved in a Europe wide community of higher education institutions building bridges between academia and the wider society.