The European Universities Community
The European Universities Community (EUC) is a grassroots initiative gathering student and staff from European University Alliances.
- Voice the opinion of EUA students from different countries, backgrounds, fields and levels of study, all recruited for their engagement and motivation.
- Foster the participation of students in European University Alliances (EUA);
- Reinforce collaboration within the network of EUA;
- Increase the impact and visibility of the EUA initiative;
- Open the EUA network to other universities and society actors;
- Lay the foundations of a long-term initiative to increase the participation of youth in the European democratic process.
The EUC gouvernance includes:
- The EUC Strategic Committee whose members meet twoce a year to define the project’s orientations. It gathers 7 universities, each one represented by a student and a member of the staff, 2 representatives of European University Alliances and 2 partner institutions.
- The EUC Operational Committee whose members meet every months to coordinate the implementation of all actions. It gathers 7 member universities, each one represented by a student and a member of the staff.
- The EUC Strategic and Operational Committees are supported by a Secretariat of 3 people.
- The ESA Steering Committee is in charge of designing and implementing the European Student Assembly. It gathers 18 students and staff members from 11 HEIs and 3 countries, and is open to new members on a voluntary basis.
EUC was initially founded with the purpose of giving students a voice in the Conference on the Future of Europe launched by the European Commission, the European Parliament and the European Council on May 9th, 2021. In June 2022, the Conference published a report gathering inputs from thousands of individual participants and civil society organisations. Initiated first by French Universities in the context of the French Presidency of the Council of the EU, our activities include students from all over Europe.
The first activities conducted by EUC in 2021-2022 were the following:
Action 1 – Contribute to the multilingual digital platform
Action 2 – Inaugural session of the European Students Assembly
Action 3 – Manifesto on the future of European Universities
Action 4 – Promoting multilingualism and multiculturalism
What you can do
As an individual – EUC is open to any student or staff member willing to get involved in a Europe wide community of higher education institutions building bridges between academia and the wider society.
As an institution – Sign the Manifesto on the future of European Universities and promote our activities among your communities.
As a sponsor – Support our actions to give students a voice!